Why you’ll love this recipe
- It’s a great meal prep recipe and easy to re-heat in the morning.
- Millet is rich in protein and fiber, making this porridge a satiating breakfast.
- You can pick your favorite toppings to make it fit your taste.
What you’ll need
This millet porridge is super easy to make and the base of the recipe is just millet and water. Then, you add your favorite toppings!
- Millet – you should be able to find it at your local grocery store near the rice or in the bulk section.
- Toppings – I give you some of my favorite toppings in the recipe card below that you can see in the images, but you can really choose whatever sounds good or what you have on hand.
How to make millet porridge
This is a great make ahead breakfast! Make the millet the night before and then re-heat and put it all together in the morning.
Tips from an expert home chef
- If you’re making this ahead of time, make the millet and store in the fridge in an airtight container. Re-heat, add coconut milk (or other dairy free milk) and toppings when you go to enjoy a bowl of porridge.
- If you want more than about 2 servings, this recipe is easily doubled to have more on hand.
Some other easy plant based breakfast ideas
- One Bowl Gluten Free Blackberry Muffins
- Dairy-Free Coffee Smoothie
- Thick & Fluffy Oat Flour Pancakes
- Healthy Gluten Free, Vegan Banana Muffins
- Paleo Chia Seed Pudding
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Don’t forget to leave a quick star rating and review below, we read every comment and truly appreciate your feedback. Also, be sure to browse the rest of our delicious, healthy recipes to find some other favorites too!
Easy, Creamy Millet Breakfast Porridge
- 1/2 cup millet
- 1 cup filtered water
- Banana slices
- Pomegranate seeds
- Chopped nuts or nut butter
- Dairy-free milk, (nut or oat milk)
- Pure maple syrup
- Place millet in a saucepan with water and turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn heat down to low, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Turn off heat, and let sit until all the liquid has absorbed.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!