Ever since doing our little stint of eating Keto/low carb, I’ve just been more mindful of carbs and sugar. While I’m not necessarily trying to eat Keto all the time, I have noticed snacking is a place where I can easily go a little overboard. These Paleo + Keto no bake peanut butter bars are the perfect lower carb snack or treat for me!
Can I use any nut butter in these snack bars?
Yes, you can substitute another nut butter in place of peanut butter. We’ve made them with almond butter and sunflower butter, and they’re great either way! Peanut butter isn’t Paleo, since peanuts are a legume, so make sure to go with another option if you’re strict Paleo.
Why do you use macadamia nuts in these peanut butter bars?
We love macadamia nuts for a higher fat, lower carb snack option. They’re definitely a go-to on-the-go snack for me. Just check my purse…you’re likely to find a little container of them. Macadamia nuts are perfect for trying to create a Keto-friendly snack/treat option. If you’re not worried about carbs, feel free to sub any other favorite nuts – we’ve tried almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews, etc. Usually we make these bars with a combination of nuts – macadamia nuts, walnuts and a few almonds.
What kind of sugar-free chocolate do you use for these bars?
We use a great sugar-free option from the brand called Pascha. They are 100% cacao chocolate chips, and I really enjoy baking with them. I use them in our Keto Cookies, too! There are other brands that make stevia sweetened chocolate chips, but I’m not a big fan of stevia, and I actually like really dark chocolate. If you’re ok with a little bit of sugar in your chocolate chips, Pascha also has an 85% cacao chocolate chip option. We get our chocolate chips at Thrive Market since it’s the best price we can find. If you’re not already a Thrive Market member, you can try for free for 30 days and get 25% off your first order here.
Some other snacks + treats
Your turn to try our no bake peanut butter bars
You don’t have to be trying to eat low carb or Keto to enjoy these peanut butter bars! You don’t even have to use peanut butter either. They’re a great grab-and-go snack that will keep you fueled and satisfied. Let us know how it goes, and leave a comment below. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram, and tag us @realsimplegood so we can see. Make sure you give us a follow if you don’t already. We’d love to stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars (Paleo, Keto + Low Carb)
- Line a square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place nuts in a food processor, and pulse, starting and stopping until nuts are mealy with some chunks left. Remove from food processor and place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl, except for the chocolate chips and sea salt. Stir with a large spoon to combine. Dump mixture into parchment lined pan, and spread out with the back of a spoon.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler on the stove or in a microwave safe dish in the microwave. If you use the microwave, heat in 30 second increments, stirring between to prevent chocolate from burning.
- Pour melted chocolate over the nut mixture and spread out evenly with the back of a spoon. Place in the freezer to set for at least an hour. Remove and slice into 12 small squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.