This easy recipe for bacon wrapped steak bites is oven-baked and one of our favorite steak appetizers or dinner recipes with a side of veggies. Bonus: the recipe is Paleo, Whole30 and Keto-friendly too.
Easy Steak Appetizer FTW
This appetizer just might be my all time favorite. These savory little bites are perfect for entertaining because you can make them in advance and just pop them in the oven when you are ready. In only about 15 minutes you and your guests will be devouring these bite-sized appetizers on a stick.
Looking for more? Check out all of our healthy appetizer recipes!
How to make bacon wrapped steak bites
Grab some toothpicks, a sheet pan and a sharp knife, and you’re ready to prep these bites! Here’s how:
- Preheat your oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
- Cut the steak into small, bite-sized cubes and cut the bacon pieces into thirds.
- Wrap each steak piece with bacon and use a toothpick to hold it together.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes and broil for 1-2 minutes if needed to crisp up the bacon.
- Serve to drooling guests or keep them all for yourself. 🙂
What steak is best for this appetizer?
Most cuts of steak will work for this recipe. It’s easiest to work with a boneless cut, but you can also use a bone-in cut like a T-bone (you’ll just have to cut around the bone). Some great options are:
- Beef tenderloin
- Skirt steak
- New York strip
Just make sure you cut the steak into even, bite-sized cubes for even cooking. Don’t cut the cubes too big, this is a one bite appetizer.
Can I prep this recipe in advance?
Yes, you absolutely can. It’s the perfect appetizer in this regard because you can do all the work ahead of time and just pop it in the oven for 15 minutes when you’re ready to serve.
Just prepare the steak bites as noted in the recipe and cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to cook them. Or you can store them in an airtight container so they are portable and just pop them on the sheet pan for cooking.
Some other easy steak recipes
- Fresh Chimichurri Sauce for Flank or Skirt Steak
- Homemade Steak Marinade
- Easy Thai Beef Salad
- Quick + Easy Carne Asada
- Sheet Pan Fajitas
Your turn to try these bacon wrapped steak bites
Whether you’re hosting a party or just a few friends for a football game, plan to make these easy bacon wrapped steak bites! There won’t be a single bite left, we guarantee it. Leave a comment below and let us know how it goes.
Also, take a pic to share on Instagram! Tag us @realsimplegood, and give us a follow if you don’t already. We’d love to see what you’re cooking!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Easy Bacon Wrapped Steak Bites
- 1 pound Steak, (beef tenderloin, sirloin, skirt steak or NY strip are great options)
- 8 pieces bacon
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
- Cut your beef into small, bite-sized cubes. You'll be wrapping them in bacon, make sure not to cut them too big or they won't turn out to be more than one bite and harder to eat.
- Season the beef cubes lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cut each strip of bacon into thirds.
- Wrap the bacon around the beef cubes and secure it with a toothpick. Place on a sheet pan.
- Bake the bites in the oven for about 12-15 minutes, until the bacon starts to get crispy and the steak is cooked. If needed, you can switch the oven to broil at the end to crisp up the bacon.
- Serve and enjoy.