This low carb cheeseburger salad is my new favorite! With a special sauce that’s like a creamy dressing, it’s a filling and completely satisfying keto salad recipe. It has all of the flavors of the ultimate burger in super healthy salad form! Plus, you can keep it entirely Paleo + Keto too if that’s your thing!
Only cheesy if you want to
While a little grated pastured cheese on top is amazing, it is completely optional. In fact, another non-dairy option would be to sprinkle a little nutritional yeast on top to add a little “cheesy” umami flavor. Nutritional yeast is also totally optional. Seriously, the special sauce that you drizzle on top is loaded with plenty of flavor, and you won’t even miss cheese!
The sauce makes this cheeseburger salad special
Seriously though, the special sauce is really what makes this summer salad extra tasty, and a not boring salad option. You’ll want to make it on repeat all summer long, promise! And you can slap the special sauce on just about anything with the leftovers. You’re welcome! 😉
Meal prep lunches, anyone?
We don’t know about you guys, but don’t you just want a salad you can get excited about? One you’ll look forward to eating during your lunch break? We thought so! This cheeseburger salad is not only a super easy meal prep idea for you, but absolutely one you’ll crave for lunches during your work week. Just pack everything up with the special sauce on the side to drizzle on top right before you dive in!
Some other salad recipes
Your turn to try our cheeseburger salad
Meal prepping, need a quick and easy dinner or just craving those cheeseburger flavors? Make this cheeseburger salad! Leave a comment below, and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram, and tag us @realsimplegood. Make sure you give us a follow if you don’t already. We’d love to stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Cheeseburger Salad with Special Sauce (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
For the cheeseburger salad:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp ghee, (or coconut oil for dairy free)
- salt and pepper, (about 1/2 tsp each)
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups olives, sliced
- 2 medium pickles, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheese, (optional, omit for strict Paleo and dairy free)
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add ghee. Once the pan is hot, add in the beef and break it into small bits. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is browned, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- While the beef is cooking, make the sauce. Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well with a whisk. Refrigerate while you make the rest of the salad.
- Prepare the lettuce, olives, pickles, tomatoes, avocados and cheese (optional) as noted.
- Now, make your cheeseburger salad. If you wish, you can mix the salad ingredients together in a large bowl. Or, you can just make individual salad bowls with a base of greens and add the other ingredients on top. Drizzle with sauce and enjoy! Note, you may have extra sauce. If so, it can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.