Looking for an easy recipe for baked chicken drumsticks? These deliciously juicy drumsticks are coated with a simple seasoning mix and only take about 5 minutes to prep and drop in the oven.
Cooking Chicken Drumsticks in the Oven
Baking chicken drumsticks is one of the easiest ways to enjoy this delicious cut of chicken. We love drumsticks because they are full of flavor and simple to cook. Here’s how you’ll do it:
- Preheat your oven and line a sheet pan with parchment for easy cleanup.
- Mix up the tasty 3-ingredient seasoning mix.
- Rub (or brush) the drumsticks all over with a little oil.
- Season the chicken all over with the seasoning mix.
- Drop it in the oven to bake and kick up your feet and relax 🙂
A Simple Seasoning for Baked Drumsticks
Since drumsticks already have a lot of flavor, a simple mix of seasonings is all you need. Here’s all it takes:
- Sea salt
- Smoked paprika
- Your choice of dried herb (rosemary, thyme, sage, etc.)
That’s it! Just rub this mix all over the chicken pieces, and you’ll be amazed by the flavor this simple mix creates.
You can find some other seasoning mix ideas in our post about 10 Easy DIY Spice Blends
What to Serve with Oven Baked Chicken Legs
Since this is such a simple recipe, you can opt for an elaborate side dish or just keep everything simple for an easy weeknight meal. Here are some ideas:
- A simple fresh salad or roasted veggies. Veggies like cubed squash or potato work great because they will cook in about the same time as the chicken.
- Easy pan fried plantains
- Sautéed mushrooms and asparagus
- Rich and creamy keto coleslaw
- Loaded mashed cauliflower (a personal favorite)
Your Turn to try These Easy Roasted Chicken Drumsticks
Go ahead and throw these baked chicken drumsticks in your oven tonight! Make them anytime you want some simple and flavorful baked chicken with only a few ingredients.
If you make it, leave a comment below to let us know how it goes. Also, take a picture or video and share it on Instagram and tag us @realsimplegood. We love to see what you’re cooking!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Easy 5-Ingredient Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried herb of choice (rosemary, thyme, sage, etc.)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit and line a sheet pan with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Mix the salt, smoked paprika and dried herb together in a small bowl or ramekin.
- Lightly coat the chicken drumsticks with oil. Rub the seasoning mix all over the chicken drumsticks to coat.
- Place chicken on the sheet pan and bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of the drumsticks. Cook until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches at least 165° Fahrenheit.
- If desired, switch the oven to broil for the last 4-5 minutes to crisp up the drumstick skin on the top.
- Remove from the oven and serve.