This easy 5-minute keto buffalo sauce is the best sauce for wings, dips or any low-carb appetizer. A quick mix of only 6 ingredients and you’ll be enjoying this delicious sauce on everything!
NEED MORE SAUCE? Check out these 10 Essential Keto Sauces.
Only 6 simple ingredients
This homemade version is a more flavorful take on classic vinegar based buffalo sauce. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Hot sauce – We prefer Frank’s Red Hot classic sauce. It is the perfect base for this recipe.
- Ghee – Adds in some buttery flavor and healthy fat that’s perfect for keto.
- Nutritional yeast – Gives the sauce a “cheesy” flavor and thickens it up a bit.
- Lemon juice – This helps to smooth out the vinegar flavor from the hot sauce.
- Seasonings – Smoked paprika, garlic powder and salt give the sauce more of a smoky and savory flavor.
Is this a good buffalo wing sauce?
The answer is yes, absolutely! We like to slather this sauce all over our easy air fryer chicken wings.
It also goes really well with shredded chicken. Check out this insanely easy Instant Pot buffalo chicken for a recipe to try.
The sauce is even great on cauliflower. For another easy air fryer recipe, check out this air fryer buffalo cauliflower.
How many carbs in this DIY buffalo sauce?
This recipe is very keto friendly because it only has 1 net carb per serving. This is for a serving size of 2 tbsp, which is a good amount. Plus, with the added ghee you are getting some additional fat that you wouldn’t get with a store-bought buffalo sauce.
Your turn to try this delicious keto buffalo sauce
Whip up a batch in 5 minutes for your next wing party! Or just keep some in the fridge to add a little kick to any meal.
If you make it, leave a comment below to let us know how it goes and take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, so we can check it out. We love to see what you’re making!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Easy Homemade Keto Buffalo Sauce
- Melt ghee in the microwave for 20-30 seconds to liquify.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a jar. Cover with a lid and shake to mix.
- Add ghee to a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add in the remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place in an airtight jar or container.
- Store keto buffalo sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 months. It will thicken slightly in the fridge and can be reheated if desired.
- Nutrition details provided are per serving and an estimate provided for those following a Ketogenic or low-carb diet. See our full nutrition information disclosure here.