Are you already a fan of short ribs? I feel like I missed out on them for the past 30 years, but am happy to say that these Paleo, Whole30 + Keto Instant Pot Short Ribs will be added to our rotation. They’re the perfect savory, fall off the bone goodness you can’t get enough of, and we give you instructions for making these Whole30 ribs in both the Instant Pot and Slow Cooker.
Instant Pot Or Slow Cooker
We love the Instant Pot because it shaves off some cooking time which is always a plus, but if you have time to just get these Instant Pot Short Ribs going in your Slow Cooker in the morning before you go about your day, it’s also a great option! Either way, we’ve got you covered with cooking instructions for both!
The sauce that goes in with the short ribs is what gives them a special, savory and umami flavor. The ribs themselves get coated simple seasonings, and then the sauce goes over everything and the ribs cook in it and soak up all the juicy goodness. You will love the combo of savory from the coconut aminos, fish sauce, garlic, shallot and chicken bone broth. Then, paired with fresh pear and ginger, it’s a really tasty mix of flavors.
Make It A Meal
We’ve had our Instant Pot short ribs with roasted veggies and we’ve also just made it a simple bowl meal with greens and added a quick and easy optional sauce. We like to combine mayo with hot sauce for a quick, easy and perfect complement to the ribs. Some other ideas for side dish recipes to pair with these Instant Pot short ribs are below to make it a full meal.
Some Side Dish Ideas To Go With
Your Turn To Try Our Instant Pot Short Ribs
These Instant Pot short ribs are the perfect meal prep recipe to make for Sunday dinner and then have leftovers in the fridge for the upcoming week. Leave a comment below to let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, so we can check it out! Then, give us a follow if you don’t already. We’d love to stay connected!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Instant Pot Short Ribs (Paleo + Whole30)
- 4 lbs bone-in short ribs
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
For the Instant Pot:
- Season the ribs on both sides with the salt, pepper and chipotle powder. Place ribs in the instant pot.
- Add all of the sauce ingredients into a high powered blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over and around the ribs. Using tongs or spoons, mix the ribs to coat with the sauce.
- Secure the lid on the instant pot and close the pressure valve. Press the "manual" button (or "pressure cook" button) and set the time to cook for 45 minutes at high pressure. Once the time is up, let the pressure naturally release on its own for 20 minutes.
- Manually release any remaining pressure and remove the lid.
- Spoon some of the sauce from the instant pot and optional toppings (just combine mayo and hot sauce in a small bowl and drizzle) if desired on top of the ribs for serving.
For the slow cooker:
- Season the ribs on both sides with the salt, pepper and chipotle powder. Place ribs in the slow cooker.
- Follow steps 2 & 3 above.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Spoon some of the sauce from the slow cooker on top of the ribs for serving. Add any optional toppings if desired. We just combine the mayo and hot sauce in a small bowl and drizzle on top.