Why you’ll love this easy ground pork skillet dinner
- With only 6 main ingredients (plus the sauce), you’ll have this scratch made dinner on the table in about 25-minutes!
- The simple homemade sauce coats all of the veggies to give this pork stir-fry some incredible flavor.
- Everything cooks in one pan, so it’s the perfect easy weeknight dinner!
- You can add any other veggies you choose, so feel free to make this recipe your own or use what you have on hand.
Related ->> Check out this roundup of Easy Ground Pork Recipes!
How to make this one pan ground pork skillet
- Ground pork – Pork goes really well with cabbage, but you can substitute any other protein desired. Ground turkey, ground beef, ground chicken, etc. Leftover pulled pork would work great too.
- Coconut aminos – You can substitute liquid aminos or soy sauce if desired. Just use 1/4 cup instead as those are saltier than coconut aminos.
- Veggies – If desired, you can use other veggies in this skillet. Typical stir-fry veggies work best (bell peppers, broccoli, snap peas, etc.)
- A bag of shredded cabbage and carrots (coleslaw mix) works great to cut down prep time for this recipe.
- If you want some extra flavor, cook the pork a little longer so it develops some crispy brown bits around the edges. Those are my personal favorite.
- Don’t cook the cabbage too long at the end. You want it to be crisp-tender (just starting to get soft). If you cook it too long it will get mushy.
Some other ground pork recipes you might like
- Quick 25-Minute Ground Pork Tacos with Slaw
- Keto + Paleo Meatloaf (With Ground Beef & Pork)
- Potsticker Noodle Bowls
- Sweet & Spicy Asian-Inspired Pork Meatballs
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Don’t forget to leave a quick star rating and review below, we read every comment and truly appreciate your feedback. Also, be sure to browse the rest of our quick and easy recipes to find some other favorites too!
25-Minute Ground Pork and Cabbage Skillet
For the sauce:
For the skillet:
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups shredded cabbage, (can chop/shred your own or use a 14oz bag of pre-shredded mixed cabbage)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lb ground pork, (can sub ground chicken, beef, or turkey)
- Sesame seeds
- Sliced green onions
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl measuring cup. Set aside.
- Chop onion and garlic, and prepare cabbage and carrots.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in sesame oil. Once hot, add in onion and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in ground pork. Break the pork into bits and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pork is browned, about 6-7 minutes.
- Once the pork is cooked, add in the cabbage and carrots. Dump the sauce over everything and stir to mix. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are soft and cooked to your desired state.
- Remove from heat and serve with optional toppings as desired.