These grilled sweet potato fries are salty and sweet, and they are a great healthy side dish to enjoy all summer long! They are one of our favorite summer side dishes that pairs well with any protein. Fire up your grill, and make some healthy sweet potato fries!
Number one tip for how to grill fries
Grilling sweet potato fries is easy, and this is our favorite tip to make sure it goes off without a hitch – use a grill pan! This makes it so you can achieve that grilled look, but keeps it easy and less messy. Something like this or this will do the trick!
Looking for some more fries? Check out these baked jicama fries, butternut squash fries or plantain fries!
Are sweet potato fries healthy?
Sweet potatoes themselves are quite healthy! And when you make homemade sweet potato fries like this grilled recipe, you can rest assured that sweet potato fries are indeed healthy! Some benefits of sweet potatoes are below.
- Great source of fiber – both soluble and insoluble
- Antioxidant rich – especially orange and purple sweet potatoes
- High in beta carotene (orange sweet potatoes) – good for your eyes and what the body uses to make Vitamin A
The best sweet potato fries dipping sauce
Who doesn’t want a great sauce for dipping their sweet potato fries into? Well, we’ve got lots of great sauces that would make great sweet potato fries dipping sauces, and they’re all Whole30 friendly. Check them out!
More healthy sweet potato recipes
- HEALTHY SWEET POTATO CHICKEN PAD THAI RECIPE
- CREAMY CHICKEN SWEET POTATO NOODLES
- PIZZA STUFFED SWEET POTATOES
- BACON SWEET POTATO FRITTATA
- HEALTHY PORK CASSEROLE
- CROCKPOT MAPLE CHIPOTLE CHICKEN STUFFED SWEET POTATOES
Time to give these grilled sweet potato fries a try
Make these grilled sweet potato fries a regular summer side dish this year! We love the combo of yellow, orange and purple sweet potatoes and know you will too! Leave a rating and review below to let us know how it goes. And take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood and make sure to give us a follow if you don’t already. We’d love to see what you’re cooking and stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Healthy Grilled Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- 4 (4) medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) avocado oil
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) sea salt
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) chili powder
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) oregano
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) sage
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) cinnamon
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Combine seasonings in a small bowl or jar.
- Slice potatoes into sticks or thin wedges and place in a bowl. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle seasoning over the potatoes and toss to mix and coat the sweet potatoes evenly.
- Place the seasoned fries directly on the grill or use a grilling pan. Space the fries out a little bit if you can, they will cook more evenly if they are not crowded together.
- Grill until the sweet potatoes are tender and slightly charred, turning occasionally. It will take between 10-15 minutes total, depending on the heat of your grill.
Oregano with sweet potatoes – what a brilliant combo for grilling!
Great recipe ideas. I tried the grilled pineapple chicken recipe and it was the bomb (meaning real good)!