Trying to eat healthier in general or doing a Whole30? Well, you can still have a hearty, cozy casserole and stay on course!
With this round up of 30 healthy casseroles you have plenty of options for when you have the desire to whip up a big casserole for a cozy family dinner, meal prep or a freezer meal. Who knew Whole30 casseroles could be so delicious and comforting?
DOING A WHOLE 30? Check out our free 30-day printable Whole 30 meal plan with shopping lists.
Dinner Recipes Only
Since there seems to be an abundance of Whole30 breakfast casserole recipes and round-ups already, for this post we decided to include only dinner casserole recipes. These 30 healthy casseroles will help you figure out what to have for dinner when you are craving a cozy meal during your Whole30!
We are certain that you can find just the healthy casserole you are craving in this list.
Here are the 30 Healthy Casseroles
Creamy Garlic Spaghetti Squash Casserole (Paleo, Whole30, GF + Dairy-Free)
Healthy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole (Paleo + Whole30)
Healthy Baked Buffalo Chicken Casserole
Spaghetti Pizza Casserole (Paleo + Whole30)
Oven Baked Creamy Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
Creamy Chicken Casserole (Paleo, Whole30 + Dairy-Free)
Easy Taco Casserole (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
Easy Zucchini Casserole (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
BBQ Chicken Casserole (Paleo, GF, Dairy-Free + Refined Sugar-Free)
Italian Sausage Casserole (Paleo + Whole30)
Healthy Pork Casserole (Paleo + Whole30)
Zucchini Chicken Enchilada Casserole from Unbound Wellness
Drunken Zoodle Chicken Casserole from Cotter Crunch
Paleo Buffalo Chicken Casserole from Real Food with Jessica
Paleo Shepherd’s Pie from Paleo Running Momma
Chicken Broccoli “Rice” Casserole from Paleo Running Momma
Layered Taco Casserole from Living Loving Paleo
Spaghetti Squash and Meatball Casserole from Do You Even Paleo
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Casserole from The Whole Cook
Beef and Cauliflower Rice Mexican Casserole from Every Last Bite
Whole30 Broccoli Casserole from The Defined Dish
Creamy Sausage Basil Tomato Spaghetti Squash from Paleo Running Momma
Green Bean Casserole from Real Food with Jessica
Spaghetti Squash Pizza Casserole from Unbound Wellness
Creamy Sausage and Potato Whole30 Casserole from Whole Kitchen Sink
Beef Taco Casserole from Eat the Gains
Creamy Chicken Mushroom Casserole from I Heart Umami
Jalapeño Tuna Casserole from Every Last Bite
Simple Sausage Casserole from Paleo Leap
Turkey, Broccoli and Mashed Cauliflower Layered Casserole from Living Loving Paleo
Paleo Spaghetti Squash Pastitsio from Food by Mars
Bacon Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole from Mary’s Whole Life
Like this Post?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
29 Whole30 Casseroles, Plus our Spaghetti Pizza Casserole
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1.5 lbs ground beef, (can sub Italian Sausage)
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning, (omit if you are using Italian Sausage)
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 10 leaves fresh basil, diced
- 1 can olives, diced, (15 oz)
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce, (25 oz)
- 2 eggs, (optional, if you omit the casserole just won’t “set” much like a traditional casserole)
- 5 oz pepperoni slices
- Chopped red onion
- Chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
- Slice the spaghetti squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Place the two halves face-down on a baking dish and place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes, or until the squash shreds easily but is not mushy.
- While the squash is cooking, chop all of your other ingredients as noted and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, and add in the ground beef and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is browned. Season with Italian seasoning and mix. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired and remove from heat.
- Once cooked, remove the squash from the oven and lower the oven temperature down to 350° Fahrenheit. Allow the squash to cool for handling, about 5 minutes.
- With a fork, scrape out the spaghetti squash “noodles” into a large bowl.
- Add the cooked beef, garlic, mushrooms, basil, olives, spaghetti sauce and eggs (optional) to the bowl. Stir everything around to mix it well.
- Dump 1/2 of the spaghetti squash mixture into a 9×13 casserole dish. Spread it around to make an even layer on the bottom of the dish. Top with a layer of 1/2 of the pepperoni.
- Add on the other half of the spaghetti squash mixture and spread it around again to create an even layer. Top with a layer of the remaining pepperoni.
- Place in the oven to cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove and top with optional toppings as desired. Allow to cool for a few minutes, slice into pieces and serve.