Crispy, perfectly seasoned air fryer hash browns from frozen in about 20 minutes! The air fryer is perfect for cooking crispy breakfast hash browns to serve with your morning meal.
Making Frozen Hash Browns in the Air Fryer
You really can toss frozen hash browns in your air fryer and get them cooked to perfection quickly.
- First, make the easy homemade hash brown seasoning.
- Dump the hash browns in a bowl and coat with oil and the seasoning.
- Spread the hash browns out in an even layer in your air fryer.
- Cook at 400° for 15-20 minutes, stirring quickly every 5 minutes.
Looking for more?
Browse all of our healthy air fryer recipes here.
How long do you cook frozen hash browns in an air fryer? For crispy hash browns, you’ll need to cook them for 15-20 minutes. Watch them carefully around 15 minutes and stop cooking when they are at your desired state.
What temperature do you cook frozen hash browns at in the air fryer? For quick, even cooking you should cook them at 400° Fahrenheit. This will give you nice and crispy hash browns.
What if my has browns are already seasoned? The homemade seasoning is optional, you can omit it if needed.
How do you get crispy hash browns from frozen? The air fryer really does most of the work! Be sure to follow the recipe and stir the hash browns every 5 minutes. This will allow for even cooking and help develop those crispy bits!
Your Turn to Try These Crispy Air Fryer Hash Browns
These are seriously the best and easiest breakfast hash browns you can make! This super easy recipe is one you’re sure to make over and over.
If you make this recipe, let us know how it goes by leaving a rating and review below. Take a pic to share on Instagram and tag us @realsimplegood, love to see what you’re cooking!
Crispy Air Fryer Hash Browns (From Frozen)
- 16 oz Frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 tbsp avocado oil, (or other oil of choice)
For the hash brown seasoning:
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- Make the hash brown seasoning by combining all of the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and mixing well.
- Dump the frozen hash browns in a bowl and pour in the melted ghee. Toss to coat. Add in all of the seasoning mix to the hash browns and toss/mix to distribute the seasonings evenly.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400° Fahrenheit. Even if your air fryer doesn't preheat, set it to 400° and let it heat up for 5 minutes.
- If your air fryer basket has large holes, line it with some parchment paper. Spread the hashbrowns out in a thin, even layer in the air fryer basket. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook in 2 batches.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring quickly every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking. The hashbrowns shold be completely cooked through and getting crispy around the edges.
- Remove hash browns when they are cooked to your liking and serve immediately.