Originally posted March 4, 2018. Updated last December 11, 2019.
Today we are re-sharing with you a favorite dinner – this Paleo, Whole30 + Keto easy curry beef bowls recipe! It’s an easy favorite for us because it’s SO fast and easy to make and extra delicious, too! The ease and speed make it a great weeknight dinner or it’s also a wonderful meal prep recipe.
Ready In 20 Minutes
We often strive for 30 minute meals and were real pleased when this one came in WAY under! You’ll have this easy curry beef recipe on the table in just 20 minutes! Seriously, it might be one of the easiest recipes EVER! Just make sure your white or cauli rice is ready to go so you’re just assembling your bowls when the beef is done.
Cauliflower Rice, Rice Or Quinoa
If you are making this easy curry beef bowls recipe as a Whole30 meal, make sure you use cauliflower rice rather than rice or quinoa. But…if you can tolerate rice or quinoa, go for it! This is a personal decision for everyone, and it definitely depends on what your goals are. Yes, rice is a grain and yes plain white rice doesn’t really have much in the way of nutritional content. All of that said…if you’re a woman and if you’re like me you might need a little bit of grains in your life to keep things moving – digestion wise. I love white rice from time to time, but it does clog things up if I overdo it. So, quinoa has become a good option for me. Sorry if that is TMI. Ok, I’m not sorry – that’s just real life!
More About Quinoa
Quinoa can be a great option because it has protein, is gluten-free and also has more vitamins and minerals, potentially making it a better option than plain white rice. It’s also technically a seed, rather than a grain. The outer coating of quinoa, however, gives Paleo enthusiasts pause because it can potentially lead to digestive issues. Ok, and if you’re trying to eat low carb, you’ll also think eating quinoa is ill-advised. If you’re still with me though…take the time to soak your quinoa for 30 minutes prior to cooking and then thoroughly rinse it. This is an easy thing to do when you meal prep. Soak and then cook quinoa and store it in the fridge to have on hand during the week. It’s easy to add to salads, this easy curry beef recipe and when you’re throwing together leftovers to make lunch or dinner. Read this post for more on quinoa and its health benefits.
Finding My Perfect Diet
I’ve played with quinoa (and other grains) because not only does my digestion seem to need some grains/carbs, but the health of my adrenals seems to require a little, too. I’ve worked with a naturopath locally and definitely recommend it for anyone trying to dive deeper into their health issues and achieve wellness. While eating a strict Paleo diet has served me well and was a great launching pad for changing my health story, I’m at a point where I’m willing to play around a little and reintroduce things to figure out what MY PERSONAL perfect diet is. It will always be real food and mainly Paleo – but I’m open to listening to my body and giving it what it needs to feel like my most vibrant self, especially while I’m pregnant and doing my best to nurture my body and the tiny human growing inside.
Some Other Bowls To Try
- Beef Shawarma Bowl (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- Chicken Burrito Bowl (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- Egg Roll in a Bowl (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- Korean Beef Bowl (Paleo + Whole30)
- Paleo Fish Taco Bowls (Whole30, GF + Dairy-Free)
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Bowl (Paleo, Whole30 + Dairy-Free)
Your Turn To Try Our Easy Curry Beef Bowls Recipe
Ready for a speedy, delicious meal? Try this easy curry beef recipe! Pair it with whatever version of rice makes sense for you and your body. Then, leave a comment below to let us know what you think. Also, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out! And if you don’t follow us already, make sure to give us a follow – let’s stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Easy Curry Beef Bowls (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
For the beef:
For the rest of the bowls:
- 4 cups greens
- 2 cups cauliflower rice or white rice (cauliflower rice for Whole30 + Keto)
- Parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Combine seasonings in a small bowl and set aside. Chop shallot.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add coconut oil. Once melted, add beef and shallot. Break up beef and cook until almost cooked through, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add seasoning and mix to combine. Then, add tomato paste and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a rapid simmer, then reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the beef is cooked through.
- Once beef is done, assemble bowls. Start with a bed of greens and add cauliflower or white rice. Top with beef mixture and sprinkle chopped parsley on top. Enjoy!