This Paleo, Whole30 + Keto friendly creamy garlic chicken skillet is basically heaven. The uber creamy, dairy-free sauce is everything you desire in a rich and decadent creamy garlic chicken sauce, and it’s sure to be one of your new favorite creamy chicken recipes!
Dairy-Free, Creamy + “Cheesy”
You might have noticed that Fall hits and we start cooking up all the cozy things. We’ve been enjoying lots of casseroles, Instant Pot and Slow Cooker meals, soups, stews and of course all the dreamy, creamy delicious things. We’ve hacked creamy, while keeping it dairy-free! In this creamy garlic chicken skillet, we use full fat coconut milk – the rich, silky stuff, and then mask the coconut flavor with lots of garlic. Finally, we layer in nutritional yeast to get that cheesy flavor going. It is a winning combo you’re really going to love!
One Pan Meal
Who doesn’t love a one pan meal? I mean, less dishes and easier clean up. We are all about making things easier in the kitchen! This creamy garlic chicken skillet is made in a large cast iron or other large skillet/pan, whatever you have on hand. You make the bacon and chicken in the pan, and then set it all aside to start the creamy garlic chicken sauce. Then, you add it all back in and let the flavors marry before you serve. It’s a pretty easy and super satisfying dish. Your comfort food craving will be real glad you made this creamy garlic chicken.
Make It A Full Meal
We like to serve this creamy garlic chicken over greens and rice or cauliflower rice. Sometimes we just go with greens, just kind of whatever strikes our mood. Either way, make it a full meal by adding greens, your favorite veggies and/or rice. If you’re doing a Whole30 or eating Keto, stick with cauliflower rice.
Some Other One Pan Meals
Your Turn To Try Our Creamy Garlic Chicken Skillet
This is one of our favorite easy, weeknight dinners. Make this creamy garlic chicken skillet when you’re looking for a quick and easy meal…ok, so any night of the week! Leave a comment below and let us know how it goes. Also, a take a pic to share. Tag us @realsimplegood on Instagram, and give us a follow if you don’t already! We’d love to stay connected!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Creamy Garlic Chicken Skillet (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- 6 pieces bacon, diced
- 1.5 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
For the creamy sauce:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook diced bacon until crispy. Once crispy, place on a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Place chicken thighs in the hot skillet with bacon grease and season with half of the Italian seasoning. Cook for 5-6 minutes, flip and season with the rest of the Italian seasoning. Cook for another 5-6 more minutes, until the thighs are cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, prep onions, mushrooms, garlic and parsley (optional) as noted above. Set aside.
- When chicken is done, remove it from the skillet and place it on the plate with bacon.
- Now, make the creamy sauce by placing onions and mushrooms in pan. Cook until both soften, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, minced garlic, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Stir to combine everything. Then turn to low and add chicken and bacon back to the pan. Simmer for 3-5 minutes to marry all the flavors. Garnish with chopped parsley (optional)
- Plate with a bed of spinach, optional rice and creamy chicken mixture. Enjoy.