Made on the stovetop with chicken thighs, bacon, garlic and a dairy-free cream sauce this recipe comes together in 30 minutes using just one pan. Full fat coconut milk acts as a dairy-free substitute for heavy cream and milk, and coats the chicken in a comforting healthy cream sauce.
If you like this recipe, you have to try our dairy free creamy tuscan chicken recipe and this dairy free chicken breast recipe with mushroom sauce. They’re both dairy free and full of creamy deliciousness!
Making a Creamy Sauce That’s Dairy Free
In this creamy garlic chicken skillet, we use full fat coconut milk – the rich, silky stuff, and then mask the coconut flavor with lots of garlic. This is truly the best coconut milk cream sauce for chicken and we use it all the time!
For this recipe we also layer in nutritional yeast to get that dairy-free “cheesy” flavor going. It is a winning combo you’re really going to love!
If you like this recipe, you need to try these other one pan creamy chicken recipes, they’re reader favorites!
Looking for more? Check out this roundup of healthy chicken recipes!
How to Make Dairy Free Creamy Garlic Chicken
This creamy, dreamy dish comes together all in one pan in about 30 minutes.
- Chop and cook the bacon into crispy bits.
- While the bacon cooks prep and gather the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook the chicken in the bacon fat with a little seasoning.
- Make the rich and creamy sauce.
- Simmer everything together for a few minutes and serve.
Keep browsing – Dig into all of our healthy one pan recipes here.
Serving Options For Chicken With Garlic Sauce
We like to serve this creamy garlic chicken over greens and rice or cauliflower rice. The sauce mixes with the rice perfectly for a creamy chicken and rice dish.
You can also serve it along with:
- Perfect air fryer baked potatoes
- Garlicky sautéed mushrooms and asparagus
- Simple roasted radishes (low carb)
It’s Whole30 + Paleo Friendly Too
“I never leave reviews for anything but this recipe is to DIE for. I can’t believe it’s whole30 compliant (without the rice of course!) This is the best meal I’ve had in a long time, thanks for the recipe!”– Charis
Basically, you can’t go wrong with this recipe. It’s a fit for just about any dietary needs and is creamy and saucy enough anyone will love it!
Doing a Whole30? Check out our complete Whole30 meal plan that covers every recipe you need for the entire 30 days!
Your Turn To Try This Easy Stovetop Chicken Thigh Recipe
This is one of our favorite easy, weeknight dinners. Make this creamy garlic chicken skillet when you’re looking for a quick and easy meal any night of the week!
If you try it, leave a comment and rating below to let us know how it goes! Don’t forget to tag us in your pics on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check them out. We love to see what you’re making!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Stovetop Creamy Garlic Chicken Thighs (Dairy Free)
- 6 pieces bacon, diced
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
For the creamy sauce:
For serving (optional):
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 cups spinach, (or greens of choice)
- 2 cups cooked rice or cauliflower rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook diced bacon until crispy. Once crispy, place on a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Place chicken thighs in the hot skillet with bacon grease and season with half of the Italian seasoning. Cook for 5-6 minutes, flip and season with the rest of the Italian seasoning. Cook for another 5-6 more minutes, until the thighs are cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, prep onions, mushrooms, garlic and parsley (optional) as noted above. Set aside.
- When chicken is done, remove it from the skillet and place it on the plate with bacon.
- Now, make the creamy sauce by placing onions and mushrooms in pan. Cook until both soften, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, minced garlic, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Stir to combine everything. Then, turn to low and add chicken and bacon back to the pan. Simmer for 3-5 minutes to marry all the flavors. Garnish with chopped parsley (optional)
- For a complete meal, serve the creamy chicken over a bed of greens and rice. Or, serve with any other side of choice. Enjoy.