Keto chicken recipes for chicken breasts and thighs, casseroles, salads, soups and more! Eating low carb chicken recipes shouldn’t be boring; find your next favorite recipe in this listing.
Our Favorite Low Carb Chicken Recipes
Remember when a healthy chicken dinner was a grilled chicken breast and some veggies on the side? Say goodbye to that image and dig into a chicken dinner that satisfies!
When we eat low-carb, here’s what we want:
- Recipes that are a balanced meal
- A good mix of healthy fats, protein and veggies
- Meals everyone can enjoy, even if you aren’t following a keto diet.
These are the types of delicious chicken recipes you’ll find in this listing.
Looking for more keto recipe ideas? Check out our listing of amazing keto recipes!
Keto Chicken Breast Recipes
While this isn’t the most flavorful or fatty cut of chicken, it’s very versatile and usually kid friendly. Adding the right seasonings or low-carb sauces is the best way to jazz up chicken breast, and you’re sure to find a new family favorite below.
Keto Chicken Thigh Recipes
Chicken thighs are where it’s at for the keto diet. Full of flavor and a little more fat than breasts, thighs make any dish a little more enjoyable. There are options for both bone-in skin on thighs and boneless skinless thighs below.
Low Carb Drumsticks and Whole Chicken Recipes
My personal favorite part of the chicken is the drumstick. Picking it up with your hands and taking a big bite is so satisfying. Below are a couple of different options for cooking drumsticks as well as a recipe for roasting a whole chicken in the air fryer.
Keto Chicken Casserole Recipes
We love casseroles for meal prep and leftovers. It’s nice to cook once and feed your family for several meals. These low carb chicken casseroles are filling, satisfying and delicious.
Keto Chicken Salad Recipes
Sometimes you need a fresh and crunchy salad in your life. These salads are all low carb with a little chicken for protein that will keep your belly happy and full.
Keto Chicken Soup Recipes
These warm and cozy keto soups are perfect for a chilly fall or winter day. There are options for the crockpot, instant pot or stovetop below, and you’ll love these filling and hearty chicken soup recipes.
Like this Post?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
20+ Essential Keto Chicken Recipes: Creamy Garlic Chicken
- 6 pieces bacon, diced
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
For the creamy sauce:
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (can sub heavy cream if you eat dairy)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (can sub shredded cheese if you eat dairy)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (optional for garnish)
- 6 cups spinach
- 2 cups cooked rice (optional – omit for Whole30 & Keto or sub cauli rice)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook diced bacon until crispy. Once crispy, place on a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Place chicken thighs in the hot skillet with bacon grease and season with half of the Italian seasoning. Cook for 5-6 minutes, flip and season with the rest of the Italian seasoning. Cook for another 5-6 more minutes, until the thighs are cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, prep onions, mushrooms, garlic and parsley (optional) as noted above. Set aside.
- When chicken is done, remove it from the skillet and place it on the plate with bacon.
- Now, make the creamy sauce by placing onions and mushrooms in pan. Cook until both soften, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, minced garlic, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Stir to combine everything. Then turn to low and add chicken and bacon back to the pan. Simmer for 3-5 minutes to marry all the flavors. Garnish with chopped parsley (optional)
- Plate with a bed of spinach, optional rice and creamy chicken mixture. Enjoy.