We’ve rounded up some of the best summer dinner ideas around! If you’re looking for inspiration for fresh and flavorful summer recipes we have you covered.
We have all kinds of summer dinner recipes – summer salad recipes, chicken recipes, summer squash recipes, crockpot recipes, summer soup recipes and more.
How we Picked these Summer Recipes
Summer dinners should be full of fresh ingredients, easy to make and fun for families and gatherings. For this roundup we chose delicious, healthy recipes that fit one or more of the following:
- Focus on fresh, seasonal ingredients
- One pan or quick prep meals
- Crockpot meals (Instant pot too)
- Easy grilling recipes
- Family friendly dishes
Summer Grilling Ideas
What says summer dinner more than BBQ’d anything? We use our grill all summer long and these delicious recipes are perfect for any hot, summer day.
Summer Salad Recipes
With so many fresh vegetables, summer is the best time to make salads for dinner. Feel free to loosely follow these recipes and use any summer vegetables you have on hand.
Summer Chicken Recipes
Chicken cooks quickly and pairs with just about anything so it’s perfect for summer. Throw some breasts or thighs in one of these easy homemade marinade recipes or follow one of the recipes below.
Summer Squash Recipes
If you have a garden and grow zucchini or any other kind of summer squash, you know how to get creative and use up this summer staple. Here are some fun new ways to enjoy summer squash for dinner.
Summer Crockpot Recipes
Sometimes in the summer you don’t feel like grilling, turning on the oven or even cooking at all. That’s where these easy slow cooker recipes come in.
Just add all the ingredients in the morning and you’ll have an easy dinner ready later. Most of these recipes include Instant Pot instructions also if you’re looking to cook even faster.
Summer Soup Recipes
Fall and winter aren’t the only time for soup. Perfect for batch cooking and meal prep, these summer friendly recipes focus on seasonal ingredients and show you that a good soup is an option for any time of the year.
Summer Ground Beef Recipes
Ground beef always offers a quick and easy dinner option – perfect for summer. From burgers to bowls to tacos and pizza, use this versatile protein for a variety of summer dinners.
A refreshing cocktail (or mocktail) is a staple of summer. Add some booze to any of these fresh summer beverages or keep them virgin. Whatever you choose, enjoy these summer drinks with any of the delicious dinner recipes in this roundup!
Like this Post?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
40+ Flavorful, Easy Summer Dinner Ideas: Chicken Alfredo
For the chicken:
- 1.5 lbs chicken thighs (can sub chicken breast, but need to cook longer)
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper, divided
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
For the alfredo sauce:
For the rest:
- 1 cup bone broth or chicken stock
- 2 zucchini, spiralized into noodles
- Parsley, chopped (optional garnish)
- Make alfredo sauce by placing all of the sauce ingredients in a high powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add avocado oil and chicken to pan. Season with half the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Sear for 5-6 minutes undisturbed so a brown crust starts to form. Flip and season with the rest of the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and cook for another 5-6 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked. Remove and set on a cutting board.
- While the chicken is cooking, spiralize zucchini and set aside.
- In the same pan, turn heat to low, add bone broth and deglaze the pan. Then, add in the alfredo sauce. Stir continuously to heat up. Prep everything to put it all together.
- Cut chicken into strips or cubes. Serve with a bed of zucchini noodles (you can heat them up for 3-5 minutes over the stove first or serve as is), sliced chicken and drizzle sauce all over. Top with optional parsley for garnish. Enjoy!